modal auxiliary verb | Use of can, may , might should , could and would , ought , Need and dare in English grammar.
Modal and Auxiliary Verb
In English Grammar you need to know about What is modal and Auxiliary Verb
Auxiliary Verb : A verb which helps other verbs to form different tenses is known as Auxiliary Verb.
Modal Verb : Verb is used to express various moods and mental attitudes like hope, expectations, possibility and Opportunity are known as Modal Auxiliaries.
Let's See Uses of some Modal Verbs
Can , May , Might , Must , Need , Should , Could , Would , Dare ,Used to Ought to.
Can : Can is Word use to show Ability of someone, to Ask Something , to take Permission and to give Permission.
for Ability ( सकते हैं ) for Asking Something, Request. to take or give Permission Possibilities.
![]() |
Examples
1. I/You/he/she/it/they/We can Run, jump, sit, stand up and do anything. ( Ability )
2. Can I Sit here ? , Can I help you ? , Can You help me ?
3. Can I go ? , Can I Leave ? , Can we go to trip ?
4. You can go. , She can come. , You can not go to trip.
May :It is use For Asking Question, to take or Give Permission in a Polite Manner .
For asking question
To take and Give Permission
Possibilities, Predictions.
Example
May I help You ?, May I put it here? , May I have your name?
May I come in ? , May I go ? , May I pay by check?
May I sit next to you? , May I put it down here?
It may freeze next week. , You may take the book. , He may have missed the train. ( Possibilities, Predictions )
Summary
- Main Features of Modals have Some Specific Features of their own.
- Modal Auxliaries can not be used alone. They Should be Combined with Principle Verbs.
- These Modals help us build in Sentence.
- Modals have only a single form.
Watch This Video to Understand All Concept upon Modal and Auxiliaries.👇👇👇
Watch Video
Follow by mail for Learning Best English.

Comments